FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I place an order with Corkscrew Imports?
If you are a retail client (private individual): Order online, by phone or via email. You must be over the age of 19 to order wine from Corkscrew Imports.
- Use our website (corkscrewimports.ca) to order online. Pay at check-out for products that are in-stock. After your order is submitted, we will follow up to confirm delivery instructions.
- Place an order by calling 289-277-CORK (2675) to speak directly with our team of sommeliers.
- Place an order by sending our team an email.
If you are a licensee client: Order directly from a Corkscrew Imports sales representative by phone or by email. Send our team an email or call us at 289-277-CORK (2675).
- What is your shipping policy?
We are able to ship anywhere within Ontario. Fees and shipping times will vary based on your location.
- On average, our delivery fee is $25+HST per case. This charge is subject to change depending on the delivery location and is outside of our control. Kindly note, orders placed for delivery outside the GTA are considered a final sale, and we will not be able to process any refunds or exchanges.
Where do you ship? We currently service deliveries of beverage alcohol across most of urban Ontario. If you reside in a rural area, please contact us prior to placing your order so that we can make special arrangements for shipping.
- Can you deliver to my Province or State?
We are not permitted to sell wine to any address outside of Ontario
- What is “consignment” wine and how does the program work?
At this time, all of the wines listed on Corkscrew Imports’ website and price list are imported by the LCBO through the LCBO’s Private Ordering division, called “consignment”. Approximately 75% of the wine selection in Ontario is imported through the consignment program. Corkscrew Imports acts as a sales agent: We arrange the purchase and delivery of wine from the LCBO to you.
- Are your wines available at LCBO retail stores?
Not at this time.
- What is your relationship with the wineries in your portfolio?
Corkscrew Imports is the exclusive agent for all of the wineries in our portfolio in Ontario. We represent our wineries in the LCBO’s consignment program and in the LCBO’s retail program. If you are a winery interested in representation in Ontario, please contact us.
- Do I have to buy a case?
Yes. Due to AGCO regulations, agencies are only permitted to sell full cases whether that be 6 bottles or 12 bottles. We occasionally offer mixed cases which can range in the total number of bottles offered. At times, wines are packed three bottles per case or six bottles per case – this is clearly noted on our price list and on the website product descriptions. We encourage you to bundle with friends and family to save on shipping and help us to reduce the carbon footprint of your delivery.
- Do your prices include taxes/HST?
Our retail price does not include HST. It will be added at check-out. However the 20-cent bottle deposit is included in all prices.
Because restaurants can re-claim HST, our Licensee Price List does not include HST.
- What is your return policy?
We accept only unopened full cases of products up to 30 days after the date of purchase. LCBO regulations stipulate that each case of wine is designated as the individual selling unit; therefore, we are unable to accept returns on single bottles, or boxes with broken seals.
For flawed product, we are able to offer your choice of one (1) of the following solutions within 30 days of purchase, to a maximum of one (1) bottle per case:
1. A discount on your next Corkscrew Imports purchase, equal to the value of the bottle being returned (less bottle deposit); or,
2. A refund for the value of the bottle, less bottle deposit, to your original payment method.
- I am looking for a particular winery that doesn’t appear to be available on the website. Can I still order this wine through Corkscrew Imports?
If there is a wine from a winery that we currently represent in Ontario, that doesn’t appear on the website, there is always the possibility of a private order. Private orders are by the case and usually take 2-3 months to arrive. Please call us at 289-277-CORK (2675) or email at Sales@corkscrewimports.ca to submit your private order.
- How much wine can I order?
There is a minimum order of one case of wine for delivery. Unfortunately, we cannot offer delivery for less than a case.
What payment methods do you offer?
- There's an event coming up, can I order wine? If so, how far in advance can I place my order?
How do I find out about new product releases, sales, or events?
The best way to keep up on news from Corkscrew Imports is to sign up for our newsletter. Click here to sign up.